No products in the cart.
- Your Rights. 3
- Information collected for journalistic purposes. 4
- Information from Integrated Services like Facebook or Google. 4
- Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information. 4
- Our commitment to security. 4
- Transfer Outside the EEA.. 5
- How Long We Keep Your Data. 5
- Complaints. 5
We may post changes to this policy from time to time, so please review it regularly. If you have any questions about this policy or the information which we hold, please contact us at: [ firstname.lastname@example.org].
This policy applies to [Wallets.ie]’s digital services only and not to other websites, APPs, social media sites linked to or from [Wallets.ie] digital services.
[Wallets.ie] will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this notice.
The personal data that [Wallets.ie] collect varies depending on the online activity you have consented for, below lists the information [Wallets.ie] collected when registering to a newsletter or entering a competition or if you make direct contact with the station:
- Contact Phone Number (Only where required for an event entry)
- Home Address (Only where required for an event entry or to reply to direct contact)
[Wallets.ie] collect your personal date when you;
- subscribe (opt-in) to a Newsletter,
- enter an event
- direct contact
Automatic Data Collection with Consent
You should be aware that you may be making available personally identifiable information about yourself when you submit material to our social media pages or to other interactive elements of our digital services.
[Wallets.ie] takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your data to administer a service which you have subscribed to and given consent for your personal data to be processed, this includes Station Newsletter and/or promotional material.
- We collect your data as part of an event entry to allow us contact you regarding the competition, this data is processed based on consent.
- We collect personal data to administer your personalised preferences such as news content or preferred music and services.
- We collect your personal data that you provide us with when you contact us directly to respond to your specific inquiry or to administer the relevant site activity where we have a legitimate interest.
- We automatically capture your IP addresses to geo-fence our content.
How we use marketing information?
- To help us to monitor, analyse and improve [Wallets.ie] . This information helps us to understand which [Wallets.ie] content, products and services are most interesting, enjoyable and useful to our users, and if they are shared via social networks. The information also helps us to identify when errors occur within the digital products and services within [Wallets.ie] and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best. All of which helps us improve our digital products and services for our users.
- We can create a more tailored experience by looking at the information we have about you. For example, we will do this by making programme recommendations or telling you about relevant [Wallets.ie] events in your area.
- To inform the way we commission future content at [Wallets.ie]. We will use aggregated and anonymous user data to help our commissioning teams understand what type of content our users like.
- To sell advertising on [Wallets.ie].
- We will send you information about the digital products and services within [Wallets.ie] or other marketing activities, but only where you have signed up to receive these from us. Similarly, sometimes, third party partners will want to send you information about products and services, but will only do so if you have agreed to receive them by ticking an opt-in box associated separately with a competition partner.
- We will email you occasionally about the digital products and services within [Wallets.ie] that you have signed up for (for example, to provide you with password reminders or to contact you about content you have submitted to us via our digital products and services) so that we are able to deliver these services to you. We may also invite you to participate in surveys from time to time to help us understand what you think about our programmes, products and services, and in turn make them better.
- When you provide personally identifiable information directly to us from certain parts of our digital services, we may provide you with the opportunity to opt in to certain uses, for example to provide you with information about our or other services of our sister radio stations that you may find of interest.
You have the right to access any personal information that [Wallets.ie] processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You have the right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
You have the right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
You have the right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
You have the right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
You have the right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing. (eg Newsletter Opt-out)
You have the right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Under Article 85 of the GDPR (EU 2016/679) material acquired and used for journalistic purposes is exempt from certain Articles of GDPR, these include Chapter II (principles) other than Article 5(1)(f), Chapter III (rights of the data subject) Chapter IV (controller and processor obligations), Chapter V (transfer of data), Chapter V1, Chapter VII and Chapter IX.
Please note that the requirement to process personal data in a manner that ensures appropriate security remains when processing for journalistic purposes.
If you decide to register through or otherwise grant access to a third-party social networking or integrated service (what we call an “integrated service”) such as Facebook connect, Google or any future third-party social network, [Wallets.ie] may also collect data that is already associated with your integrated service account. You may also have the option of sharing additional information with [Wallets.ie] through an integrated Service if you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving [Wallets.ie] permission to use, share and store it in a manner consistent with this privacy notice.
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this policy or where there is a legal requirement. [Wallets.ie] uses third-parties to provide services regarding subscriptions, surveys, competitions and events; however, all processors acting on our behalf only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice and are subject to the GDPR (EU 2016/679).
[Wallets.ie] reserves the right to allow its data processor Communicorp Group Limited to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics, in order to measure interest in and use of the various sections of its sites so as to improve design and navigation and to gather marketing information. Only aggregated data from these analyses, not individual data, will be used for this purpose.
Communicorp Group Limited commits to keeping your personal information confidential save that we:
- use a range of data sub processing companies to help manage your information. However, we require these companies to comply strictly with our instructions and they are not allowed to use your information for their own business purposes (unless you have explicitly agreed to this). We also require these companies to have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your personal information.
- may share your information with third parties where you have specifically agreed to this. We will not, however, sell your data to any third party.
[Wallets.ie] takes your privacy seriously, we employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your information.
We use the following industry standard methods to protect your data:
- SSL (HTTPS) Across all websites
- Enterprise firewalls
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our utmost to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent to our digital services within [Wallets.ie] ; any sending of information is therefore at your own risk.
[Wallets.ie] utilise services (or parts of them) that may be hosted/stored outside the EEA which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes: –
- Newsletter Subscription
Data Processor is MailChimp, more info here https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
MailChimp have a proven track record in providing email marketing services across the globe. They have are Truste Certified and are Certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
Therefore, when you sign up to our newsletter or enter the event, the personal information you submit may be stored on servers which are hosted outside the EEA. Where this is the case, we will ensure that those providers use an appropriate level of protection for your information and agree to abide by GDPR (EU 2016/679) by way of standard contractual clauses.
[Wallets.ie] only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary to provide a service you have consented to or to adhere to certain warranties or proof of delivery for competition winners.
Where you have subscribed to a Newsletter we will retain your data until you unsubscribe or the Newsletter is canceled. We include unsubscribe links on all newsletter emails.
Where you have registered for an event we’ll retain your personal data for 25 month after the event as a record of attendance.
We have retention policies in place to meet these obligations.
Please note that if your account appears to have not been used for as long as relevant, we may try and contact you to check whether it is still in use and/or we may delete it
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by [Wallets.ie], or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Data Protection Commissioner and [Wallets.ie].
The details for this contact is: